Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Have you tried Stitch Fix??

Christmas shopping is already in full swing in my house! I find that the sooner I get gifts taken care of, the sooner I give my full attention to the reason for the season. Also, I tend to find great deals and stay on track much better.
In my Christmas deal searching venture today, I came across Stitch Fix.
I am fully aware that Stitch Fix has been around for a while, however I never really understood what it was or how it worked.
So after being inspired by one of my most favorite bloggers (Hip2Save) I decided to check it out.
Basically, you fill out a pretty thorough questionnaire on your lifestyle, likes and dislikes, sizes, etc. It even asks how frequently you go on date nights or different occasions like that. Additionally, you can link your Pinterest style board or Instagram page to your profile and your personal stylist can browse the items you already know you like!
Next your stylist will handpick 5 clothing items to ship to you!
Once your shipment arrives, you have 3 days to choose which items you would like to keep and those you wish to send back. (all shipping is free)
Now, you do have to pay a $20 stylist fee BUT that $20 goes towards the item(s) you choose to purchase. So, if you decide you do not want to keep anything from your box, you are out the $20.

Rumor has it their prices are pretty high compared to what I normally spend on clothes. They are supposed to be super high quality pieces though.
This is not a subscription required service. You can log in and request boxes as frequently or infrequently as you'd like.

My first box is scheduled to arrive November 17th and I will share what is included in it. Even if the items are pricey, I would imagine the looks could be an inspiration at least for new pieces to look for! I mean, it is a personal stylist selecting items for you and you get to try it all on in in your home, in normal lighting and have a couple days to really decide how you feel about each piece!

So, what a perfect time to give this a shot! Holiday parties coming up, New Years around the corner or even a great gift idea for the hard to shop for person on your list!

Check it out with me!! 

If you have already given Stitch Fix a try, share your experience with me!

-The Cheap Mama

***For a more thorough review of this service please visit Hip2Save and read all about Collin's favorite splurge! As well as getting to see her box contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment